DIY Board & Batten Entry Wall.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015
I'm finally getting around to sharing some projects that we have finished recently in our home.
Today I am sharing one of my very favorites... and perhaps the easiest with the greatest amount of impact.


We recently added a board & batten wall treatment on the entry way wall of our little abode. I have to admit that I put off this project over and over because I was afraid of the cost + time commitment of it all, but it really cost us under $50 and took one afternoon.
Not kidding.
I had a hard time finding a suitable tutorial to do it the way I envisioned it working + turning out, so I plan to share the way we went about this wall so inexpensively and how we problem solved our way into making this such a breeze project. 
For now, here are a bunch of pretty pictures... because that's what we're here for! I think the decor on this wall has been ever changing since it was completed, but here is how it currently looks.


The bench is from Downeast Home.
Mirror & rosette pillow is Threshold for Target. 
Gingham Pillow Ikea.
Stool is vintage.
Baskets & pot are Homegoods.



Cheery lemon wreath is Threshold for Target.
Bag is Target.
Monogram is from Etsy.
Hooks are from Home Depot.

I relocated our family gallery wall to the photo ledge we added. I love the homey touch of having them all lined up as guests enter our home. I've collected the frames from Target & Ikea over the years. 


Also, that snake plant is a sur-viv-or. It has been amazing me with its will to live spite my negligence.  Plus, it's cool to look at so win win. 
This wall is not only beautiful but it adds a LOT of function not to mention impact to our little home. The bang for your buck is definitely worth it! Stay tuned for the details.


0 comments: